Alisto Engineering Group offers specialty services in the areas of corrosion protection, integrity assessment and management, energy resource management and geotechnical engineering in support of our engineering, environmental and construction services. As such, we can provide clients the unique benefit of a one-stop shop and efficient management of all project components at less cost.
Corrosion Protection and Engineering Services
Our experienced and operator qualified (OQ) engineers and technicians deliver a broad range of engineering and construction services to assist clients in corrosion protection of gas, electric, water and wastewater utility infrastructures and facilities, oil and gas pipelines, and transportation systems. Services we offer include:
- Program and project management
- Conditions assessment and investigation
- Project planning and engineering design
- Construction management
- AC induced corrosion investigation and mitigation
- Gas distribution pipeline leak survey and inspection
- Gas meter “atmospheric corrosion” inspection
- Procurement and construction of CP projects
- External corrosion direct assessment
- Coating inspection
- Water and sewer system condition assessment
- Infiltration/inflow monitoring, study and assessment
- Installation of corrosion protection and AC mitigation
- Installation, testing and commissioning of ETS, CTS, Rectifiers, Anodes and Zinc Ribbons
Facility Survey and Condition Assessment
Alisto’s experienced personnel and certified technicians perform field survey and condition assessment of facilities and utility structures such as gas and water transmission pipelines using the following methodologies:
- Close Interval Pipe-to-Soil Potential Surveys (CIS)
- DC Voltage & AC Voltage Gradient – (DCVG / ACVG) Surveys
- Pipeline Locating with Sub-Meter Coordinates and Depth
- Continuous Soil Resistivity Surveys
- Arc Fault Investigation
- Coatings Inspection
- Data Collection, Management and Analysis
- AC Interference Investigation
- Atmospheric Corrosion Inspection
- Stray current survey and analysis
Facility and Pipeline Integrity Management
Alisto’s Integrity Management Program (IMP) helps utilities and pipeline operators comply with the Pipeline Safety Improvement Act. Our IMP experience includes supporting a major gas utilities in California to survey and identify high-consequence areas, perform the required risk management studies, develop methods and processes for integrity assessments, create comprehensive integrity management tools, update the client procedures and standards affected by the IMP, and help integrate the IMP into the client’s new GIS system. Our services include:
- Atmospheric corrosion monitoring of gas distribution meters
- Clearance preparation and support for transmission pipeline projects
- Hydrostatic testing of pipelines
- Valve automation project and construction management support
- CP interference mitigation
- Gas meter protection program
- Distribution and transmission special leak survey
Energy and Sustainable Resource Management
With our commitment to sustainability, Alisto offers a broad range of services in sustainable and energy resource management to assist clients in achieving their goals for environmental conservation and sustainability. The scope of our energy and sustainable resource management services focuses on conservation and alternative and renewable resources to reduce present and long-term costs and impact on environment.
With the recent California Clean Energy Jobs Act (Proposition 39), we have developed expertise in providing energy services to public schools and community colleges in the technical development and preparation of the required Energy Expenditure Plans to the California Energy Commission for energy project funds. Our comprehensive scope of energy and sustainability services includes:
- Identification and analysis of energy efficient and conservation measures (ECM’s) to reduce energy use.
- Energy auditing and modeling, benchmarking, and retrofitting of existing structures and buildings to implement energy efficient solutions.
- Analysis of available and emerging renewable energy technologies including solar photovoltaic (PV), fuel cells, cogeneration, waste-to-energy, and others.
- Energy project planning and development including detailed scoping, scheduling, cost estimating, and life-cycle and present worth analysis of long-term options.
- Certification by an independent, third party verification of projects designed and built to LEED standards that meet performance metrics for sustainable site development, water and energy conservation, materials selection, and indoor environmental quality.
- Financial analysis of projects
Alisto’s experienced professionals provide complete geotechnical engineering services from investigation through design and construction phases of a project. We tailor our scope of services to the needs of a client for a specific project or problem to provide quality and technically feasible engineering solutions at the least life cycle cost. Our experienced engineers and field technicians are available to assist clients during construction to provide quality assurance and compliance monitoring until project completion..
- Geotechnical Site Investigation and Assessment
- Foundation Engineering & Design Recommendations
- Geologic Hazard Assessment and Mitigation
- Construction Observation and Testing
- Peer Review